The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77027 US
Posted: 03/17/2023 2023-03-17 2023-04-20 Industry: Medical Assistant Job Number: OG823328216
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77027 | Location: Galleria area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $24 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Public Health Department
Do you have experience in a clinical setting? Do you want to assist in improving community health? Now is your chance to work as a Medical Assistant at Harris County Public Health Department. Support public health by aiding patients and reviewing their medical history for upcoming appointments. If you are a Medical Assistant seeking a position that will excel in your career and work close to home, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available!
Medical Assistant’s Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties such as registering patients for their appointments in Epic, entering data for program reporting, and ensuring documentation is prepared.
- Provide call-back services to clients to reduce the percentage of missed appointments.
- Assist midlevel providers and physicians to track and monitor abnormal lab results and reschedule lapsed appointments.
- Establish the completion of patient paperwork, sign-in, and HIPAA guidelines.
Medical Assistant’s Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a medical assistant in a clinic or physician's office is required.
- Certified or non-certified medical assistants are welcome to apply
- Must have experience with an EMR system (Epic is preferred)
- A certificate of completion from an accredited medical assistant program is required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Easy access on and off the freeway with shopping and restaurants nearby
- Be a part of a mission to promote health and safety in Harris County
- Play a key role in preventing illness and injury, protecting yourself and your community
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $24 an hour
If you are an MA or CMA who is ready to improve the lives of the people in your community, apply today!
Team1Medical is one of Houston, TX's most trusted medical staffing agencies. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.