The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77054 US
Posted: 03/08/2023 2023-03-08 2023-05-01 Job Number: TS24820238
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77054 | Location: Astrodome/NRG Stadium area
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $58 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Health and Human Services
Are you a Nurse Practitioner seeking a position close to home? The City of Houston’s Health and Human Services Department is partnering with Team1Medical Staffing is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join their team! As the Nurse Practitioner, you will provide general and preventative care for patients by communicating with the patients about their recent health concerns and maintaining professional licensure to keep up to date with recent medical developments. If you are a Nurse Practitioner and want to change your work setting, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are open for you!
Nurse Practitioner’s Responsibilities
- Assess public health patient’s physical health status
- Perform prescribed physical examinations and preventative health treatments
- Request, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and healthcare needs
- Identify patient health status deviations, consult with, or refer patients to physicians and appropriate healthcare professionals
- Interview patients and record their health and social histories
- Monitor patient records for inclusion of findings and recommendations
- Maintain professional licensure and keep up to date with recent medical developments
Nurse Practitioner’s Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in advanced practice nursing recognized by the Board of Nursing Examiner is required.
- Must have a Valid License to practice as a Registered Nurse and an Advanced Practicing Nurse in the State of Texas
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse is required
- CPR and BLS Certifications are highly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred
- A Valid Texas Driver's license is required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, with no weekends!
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $58 an hour
If you have experience as an NP and are seeking a temporary position to add to your resume – Submit your resume today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.