Zip Code: Houston, TX 77036 | Location: Southwest Houston
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $65 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Public Health Department
Are you a Nurse Practitioner seeking a position to directly assist the community you live in? Team1Medical is partnering with Harris County Public Health in staffing various public health initiatives requiring NP experience. Passionate individuals who wish to contribute to their community should apply! The position offers long-term stability with a benefits package. Apply today!
Nurse Practitioner’s Responsibilities
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Record patients' medical histories and symptoms
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing ones.
- Order medications
- Detecting changes in patient’s health and modifying treatment plans, as needed
- Consult with healthcare professionals and families.
- Train patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
Nurse Practitioner’s Qualifications
- Master’s degree from an accredited nursing program
- RN licensure in Texas a compact party state and board-certified by either ANCC or AANP
- APN authorization in Texas to practice in family health by the Board of Nurse Examiners
- Prescriptive authorization experience is required.
- Experience providing primary care as a family nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Company Culture & Perks
- Easy access on and off freeway with shopping and restaurants nearby
- Ability to connect and assist the community directly.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, with no weekends to enjoy a good life/work balance.
- Opportunity to work with some of Houston’s most renowned Providers.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program,
- including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits including 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $65 an hour
If you are a Nurse Practitioner eager to join an outstanding non-profit organization, apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
Be sure to click on the link and apply for this opportunity today. For more information or questions, call our office at 713-590-2980.