Patient Access Representative
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77030 | Location: Texas Medical Center
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $18 - $20 an hour
Are you seeking a position close to home? A highly acclaimed healthcare organization in the Medical Center is partnering with Team1Medical to seek a Patient Access Representative to join the team! The Patient Access Representative will facilitate access to services for new patients by scheduling appointments, collecting billing information, and verifying data. If you have experience working as a Patient Access Representative and want to work with an acclaimed healthcare organization, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available for you!
Patient Access Representative’s Responsibilities
- Screen and schedule appointments for new patients
- Collect insurance information and financial and consent data during the intake process
- Communicate with patients’ referral sources, financial clearance center, and treatment team regarding patient access and financial matters
- Verify data during new patient registration
- Elaborate financial obligations to patients
- Provide explanations on medical overrides and account reviews
- Ensure all communications with payers, patients, and the treatment team is captured and documented
- Contribute to performance improvement initiatives
Patient Access Representative’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED; An Associate’s Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in healthcare, insurance, or a related field is required
- 1 year of experience in a patient access setting is preferred
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail are highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- $10 Parking Reimbursement
- The building is in the Medical Center with close access to Metrorail Park-N-Ride stations.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- Once hired full-time, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including a Pension Plan, 100% paid PPO plan, and generous PTO package.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $18 - $20 an hour
Take this opportunity to work for an acclaimed healthcare organization - Submit your resume today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.