The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77030 US
Posted: 03/09/2023 2023-03-09 2023-04-21 Industry: Allied Healthcare Job Number: JR701664120
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77030 | Location: Medical Center
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Pharmacy & Biopharmaceutical | Salary: $19 - $21 an hour
Do you have experience as a Pharmacy Technician? Want to work with an acclaimed healthcare organization? Our client in the Texas Medical Center is seeking a Pharmacy Technician to join their team! The Pharmacy Technician will support all areas of the pharmacy practice by preparing commercial and investigational IV admixtures, refilling automated dispensing units, caring for infusion, and continuous quality improvement. If this speaks position speaks to you and seeks to advance in your career, take this opportunity to submit your resume today and see where you can go!
Pharmacy Technician’s Responsibilities
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety standards when handling and preparing waste disposals of hazardous drugs.
- Report and document chemotherapy spills
- Demonstrate the correct use of a closed system and maintain competency
- Prepare investigational doses by reading the datasheet, following protocol directions, caring when admixing, and documenting the investigational card for each drug.
- Complete annual or semi-annual process validations
- Maintain equipment, including BSC cleaning, stocking supplies, balance maintenance, pump retrieval, scheduled QA assignments, cleaning IV rooms and anteroom, inventory ordering, pyxis support, and water bath and baxa repeater pump cleaning.
Pharmacy Technician’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required; some college courses or credit is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with IV sterile preparation and pharmacy experience
- Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy is required.
- ACPE Sterile Products Certification required
- The position will require you to be onsite full-time
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- $10 Parking Reimbursement
- The building is in the Medical Center with close access to Metrorail Park-N-Ride stations.
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- Once hired full-time, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including a Pension Plan, 100% paid PPO plan, and generous PTO package.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $19 - $21 an hour
If you have experience as a Pharmacy Technician, you do not want to miss this opportunity to take the next step in your career – Apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.