Picking / Sweeper - 2nd Shift
Danville, VA 24541 US
- Removes stems, off-color tobacco, and foreign material, such as strings, dirt, and paper from tobacco as it moves along conveyor to ensure clean and uniform product.
- May drop pickings into buckets attached to conveyor frame or into a bucket on the floor, according to whether pickings are dark tobacco, green tobacco, tobacco with stems, or foreign material
- Sweeper; trash collector; waste collector Keeps working areas in production departments in clean and orderly condition, performing any combination of following duties: Transports raw materials (tobacco) to supply machines or operators with materials for processing: frequently sweeps floors and uses shovel to collect loose tobacco.
- Previous tobacco experience a plus but not required
- Ability to perform repetitive motions and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Teamwork, Coordination, Dependability.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Minium rate of $13.70 hourly rate of pay (9.50 hour days )
- Monday – Friday work schedule moving to 4 days after the holidays.
- Multiple Healthcare Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses