The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Public Health Educator
Houston, TX 77002 US
Posted: 05/08/2023 2023-05-08 2023-07-01 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: TS25655055
Public Health Educator
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77091 | Location: Northwest Houston | Acres Homes
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $20 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Health and Human Services
Do you have experience working in the public health field? Are you seeking a temporary position that will enhance your skills? The City of Houston’s Health and Human Services Department is partnering with Team1Medical Staffing is seeking a Public Health Educator to develop cultural and linguistic health education material and classes for community engagement. Submit your resume and see what opportunities are available!
Public Health Educator’s Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Dawn Program to provide health education to members and program outreach to each educational class to the community, and support multiple locations.
- Plan, organize, and develop health education programs that meet community needs.
- Collect data and perform research to assist in developing, pretesting, and evaluating health-related education techniques and materials.
- Schedule and present health education programs and seminars for community and private sector groups
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the community and private sectors through advisory and committee participation.
- Assist with preparing health education pamphlets, visual aids, or special projects.
Public Health Educator’s Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or a related field, such as Public Health, is required.
- No experience is required.
- Experience with providing health education and diabetes education taught in Spanish is a strong plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work Schedule: Monday through Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $20 an hour
Submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available!
Team1Medical is one of Houston, TX's most trusted medical staffing agencies. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is a Company of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.