The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77081 US
Posted: 05/23/2023 2023-05-23 2023-07-03 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: SC969929517
Legal Research Clerk
$37,000 - $40,000 | Houston Galleria Area
Monday – Friday – 8 am – 5 pm
A leading Bankruptcy legal firm is seeking an eager and diligent Research Clerk at their Galleria area office. In this role, you will be responsible for researching bankruptcy and foreclosure hearings, evidence, and dispositions, preparing claims and notices of appearance, and court dates while organizing file records. This role requires a diligent, analytical, organized, team player, and tech-savvy clerk.
What You Will Do:
- E-File proof of Claims and Notice of Appearances with courts
- Research new bankruptcy cases
- Prepares claims and notice of appearances.
- Input new case info into Bank Tools.
- Prepares claims for Court Costs & Fees.
- Contacts various Firm staff and jurisdictions for tax information.
What You Will Need:
- Experience in reviewing court documents and using a law library to conduct research on upcoming cases is a huge plus
- Experience with Bank Tools and Tax Tools is beneficial
- Microsoft Word Intermediate level
- Self-starter, and understands the importance of remaining confidential
- Excellent working with numbers to calculate overdue taxes and back mortgages
- Proofreading skills and very adaptive working on multiple chapters
- Skip tracing and research experience are a plus
- CA criminal background and drug tests will be administered
What You Will Enjoy:
- Possible temp-to-hire opportunity
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Direct Deposit Options
- Friendly and tenure staff
- Excellent Glass Door reviews
- Gain excellent legal experience
Apply today and enjoy working with a professional legal team!
About The Reserves Network
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However, you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
The Reserves Network and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.