The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Houston, TX 77002 US
Posted: 03/09/2023 2023-03-09 2023-04-21 Industry: Operations Job Number: AW96293427
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77002 | Location: Downtown Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm | Salary: $28 an hour
Client Company: City of Houston’s Public Works & Engineering Department
The City of Houston’s Public Works & Engineering department is partnering with ExecuTeam Staffing in search of a Senior Buyer to join their team! As the Senior Buyer, you will gather and compile verbal and written bids, maintain requisitions, and provide procurement backup to other buyers. If you have experience with procurement in a local or state government agency, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available for you!
Senior Buyer’s Responsibilities
- Procure various non-technical and standard technical materials
- Review purchase orders and contracts for thoroughness, accuracy, and compliance with City and departmental policies and procedures
- Review requisitioned materials, equipment, or services to follow the purchases via contract
- Gather and compile verbal and written bids
- Tabulate bids and evaluate price quotes and compare to specifications
- Research vendors on their availability of quality materials, equipment, and services
Senior Buyer’s Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Management, Purchasing, or a closely related field is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of the professional buying experience is required
- SAP Procurement and government procurement card program experience is highly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are preferred
- Strong attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills are highly preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work close to the Downtown Houston area, close to area restaurants and shopping.
- Easy centralized worksite commute near Park n Ride stations
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- Work Schedule Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
- During your employment with ExecuTeam Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $28 an hour
If you have procurement working experience, submit your application today to see what opportunities are available for you!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you are never just a resume. We have been proud to be Houston’s leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you seek career advancement or are a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in various industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.