Senior Catastrophe Modeling Analyst
Zip Code: Schaumburg, IL 60173 | Location: Northwest Suburb of Chicago
Employment Type: Direct Hire | Workplace Type: Hybrid
Schedule: Monday–Friday; 8am–5pm | Salary: $100,000 to $125,000 a year
Well-known specialized commercial insurance firm has an immediate need for a Senior Catastrophe Modeling Analyst to join their team. Perform a full range of catastrophe modeling activities including the supervision of assigned team members. Communicate model changes and updates to internal and external stakeholders. Travel and attend conferences to communicate relevant model changes to various companies. If you have strong communication and relationship building skills, this position is for you.
Senior Catastrophe Modeling Analyst’s Responsibilities
- Review and complete all aspects of catastrophe modeling: scrubbing data, data reconciliation, running catastrophe models, completing ad-hoc analyses, etc.
- Supervise one or more analysts on the cat modeling team
- Assists with managing the communication, timeline, workload, distribution, and completion of AIR and RMS catastrophe modeling for reinsurance submissions
- Respond directly to the internal and external questions about data preparation, models, modeled results, and current catastrophe events
- Contribute to modeling aspects and review of corporate roll-up
- Attend Cat Modeling conferences to interact directly with vendors and understand recent events and upcoming model changes
Senior Catastrophe Modeling Analyst’s Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with primary insurance company datasets
- Experience working on primary insurance company datasets
- Proficient in SQL, Excel, and working knowledge of GIS tools
- Knowledge of insurance, insurance coverage, and insurance contracts
- Understanding of reinsurance and reinsurance contracts
Company Culture & Perks
- Hybrid Office Schedule (3 days In Office/ 2 days Remote)
- Newly renovated office space, five-minute drive to Woodfield Mall, shopping and restaurants
- Parking available onsite
- Company ranks among the area’s “Great Places to Work” known for their employee centric environment offering a comprehensive benefits package geared for the entire family
- Great company culture, employee benefits and work/life balance!
Salary: $100,000 - $125,000 a year
Use your Senior Catastrophe Modeling Analyst experience with a company that values your hard work and contributions. Apply now!
ExecuTeam Staffing puts talented people to work at many of Chicagoland's leading employers. As one of the top staffing agencies in Chicago, we specialize in placing qualified candidates into rewarding new career opportunities in their field. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are seeking the variety and freedom of temporary work, or new challenges in a full-time position, we can help you find the job that best matches your skills, experience, and interests. View more open positions at www.executeam.com
ExecuTeam is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.