McDonough, GA 30253
McDonough, Ga looking for a Shipping Clerk
Third Shift 11pm- 7am
Sun through Thursday
Temp to hire
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Schedules all inbound and outbound shipments.
2. Maintains control of yard ensuring adequate equipment is on site, including empty and full
container control, spotting, switching, etc. Makes yard and dock location assignments.
3. Reviews inbound paperwork for completeness and confirms availability of ASN s. Notifies
appropriate staff of problems, unexpected or improperly documented receipts.
4. Creates and maintains orderly files and receipt records of all inbound product.
5. OPENS containers in the Warehouse Management System.
6. Prepares over/short/damage reports and forwards to Corporate Traffic.
7. Confirms closing of outbound loads. Issues and controls numerical sequence of seals/padlocks.
8. Prepares all shipping related documentation, including Bills of Lading, Manifests and ASN s, as required and files of such.
9. Assures adequate supplies are on hand to perform daily activities.
10. Physically receive and document receipt all non-product expense items.
11. May move expense items on dock with hand truck.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
13. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
Recommends unloading schedule to supervision based on Hot and Live loads plus dated loads.
Spends a lot of time working with PC and on telephone.
Qualifications & Experience:
1+ years of shipping experience preferred.
Distribution background is a plus
HS Diploma required
Knowledge of Windows,(Word and Excel). Effective oral and written communication skills