The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Staff Accountant Analyst (Hybrid)
Avon, OH 44011 US
Posted: 05/11/2023 2023-05-11 2023-07-08 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: WC9503450411
Staff Accountant Analyst (Hybrid)
Location: Avon, OH
Hours: Remote on M/Tu/F and work on-site W/Th, 8a-4:30 or 7:30a-4p.
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, performs a variety of general accounting duties involving knowledge of general accounting principles. Independently performs various daily activities related to customer rebates, deduction management, financial reporting & analysis, and business controlling. Handle a large volume of data in multiple systems. Reconciles accounts and makes general ledger entries and assist with the month-end closing process.
- Ensure accurate system set-up and maintenance of rebate agreements and internal orders.
- In a timely manner, review, validate and process customer deductions and credit memos related to customer rebates while maintaining organized documentation and an adequate audit trail.
- On a regular basis, monitor accrual balances and communicate potential shortages or overages to management. Make recommendations for internal order accrual adjustments.
- Work with sales and A/R to reconcile customer rebate agreements and related deductions and credit memos.
- Communicate with customers on the resolution of large discrepancies.
- Generate various Sales, Customer and Finance, Planning & Analysis reports while ensuring the accuracy of the information and having insights to question and take action to resolve unexpected results.
- Review transactions that affect the general ledger and validate that the proper journal entries are created and posted.
- Provide backup support for various general accounting functions and closing entries as required.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of detail to G/L balances and resolve any differences identified.
- Gather and coordinate information for the monthly close; prepare and input journal entries in accordance with a monthly close schedule.
- Assist in managing capital expenditures.
- Assist in managing company credit cards within the business for proper accounting.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of five years of Accounting or Finance experience in the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and/or fixed assets.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to organize and balance a high volume of multiple tasks at one time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be an independent self-starter, ability to interact with internal and external customers with the drive and desire to continuously innovate and execute process improvements.
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate through a detailed ERP system (SAP preferred), Analysis reports (data mining), and the Deduction system.
- Experienced working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems (3+ years); ability to manage the use of systems including personal computer-based packages and reporting tools.
- Previous experience with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Explorer, and PowerPoint
- Strong ability and technical acumen to use spreadsheet applications at an advanced level.
- Ability to perform successfully in a team environment in a professional and participative management style.
- Organizational and administrative skills, well-developed management and people skills, contributing and sharing leanings and ideas, and strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in identifying and resolving issues.
Benefits: Benefits and compensation will be discussed during the interview.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.