Houston, TX 77042 US
- Maintain a thorough understanding of period close, require reports, and journal entries to create and support processes that meet required company deadlines.
- Create and enter journal entries with supporting backups and file all journal entries by company policy.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations monthly and analyze all reconciling items on a timely basis to determine root causes and provide corrective action.
- Audit inventory and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist with software testing quarterly and bi-annually.
- Prepare software-compliant documentation for all activities; Support and help with audits (internal, SOX, tax, etc.)
- Communicate with Business Managers and aid and guidance for requests related to accounting functions, policies, and procedures.
- Drive effective accounting solutions that improve the company’s standard of excellence.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting concepts and principles is required.
- Knowledge of general ledger, account analysis, and reconciliations is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office, including Excel, is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Hybrid Schedule of 3 days in the office, two days remote, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with no weekends to offer a good work/life balance.
- The building is located off Sam Houston Tollway and Westpark Tollway, with close access to quality restaurants and shopping.
- Once hired full-time, you can enroll in the organization’s benefits package, including medical plans (health, dental, and vision), PPO plans, and a 401k.
- During employment with The Reserves Network, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!