Des Moines, IA 50309 US
System Engineer needed to fill a new position for a well-respected client headquartered in Des Moines, IA. Apply today to take advantage of this unique and exciting opportunity!
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY?
- Be directly hired by our client
- Client offers hybrid work schedule
- $90000 - $100000 / year with some flexibility based on skills and experience
- Our client has a yearly bonus structure, including this role
DO YOU ALIGN WITH THESE KEY QUALIFICATIONS?
- Extensive experience: 8-10 years of experience working with highly available enterprise systems, encompassing aspects of compute, storage, and backup components.
- Technical proficiency: Strong knowledge and experience in Windows server installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting (both virtual and physical implementations). Advanced background in VMWare design, installation, configuration, and administration (ESX and VDI). Familiarity with EMC storage technologies.
- Microsoft technologies expertise: Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft technologies and servers, including AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Exchange, and the System Center management suite.
- Networking and communications skills: Proficiency in Cisco networking and Cisco Unified Communications Platform, covering network routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP, MPLS, and SIP. Familiarity with Cisco UCS platform and SAN solutions, preferably NetApp.
- Educational background: Four-year degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Prior experience in banking or financial institutions is helpful in understanding industry-specific requirements.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Infrastructure management: Architect, maintain, and support our client’s technology infrastructure, ensuring high security, performance, and availability of networks and systems. Install, configure, and troubleshoot enterprise compute, storage, active directory, backup, and NetApp systems critical to them.
- Solution research and recommendation: Research and recommend complex solutions to improve systems availability, performance, and stability. Evaluate technologies and vendors to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Documentation and support: Create and maintain configuration diagrams, installation scripts, and documentation. Monitor and support client’s systems, promptly addressing performance issues and escalating Level 3 escalated issues. Provide superior customer service to employees across multiple locations.
- Project management and mentorship: Prioritize efforts, maintain project plans, and meet service level agreements. Lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously. Mentor junior engineers, conduct knowledge-sharing sessions, and assist with the integration of new products/systems.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
Gain access to the TRN Team:
- Partnership with experienced recruiters that will advise you on all aspects of your job search and career aspirations
- Our network has direct access to hiring managers and we will get your resume to the top of the pile of submissions for this opportunity and many more like this
- Long-term career partner who will provide you with market intelligence and guidance
Industry competitive salary based on your experience/qualifications
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
PTO & Much more!
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you have a background that lines up well with the System Engineer description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply below NOW!
Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At TRN we strive to provide the best experience and opportunities for everyone, so if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this or other available roles we have.