Lincoln, NE 68508 US
The Reserves Network is partnering with a Lincoln based company to find an exciting talent to join their team in the Technical Writer role.
Pay: $30 - $35 / hour dependent on experience.
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
The Technical Writer creates and maintains assembly and manufacturing documentation, as well as documents related to production process, quality control, engineering changes, bills of materials, and product instruction manuals.
The writer creates and updates models in SolidWorks, and generates artwork from those models for use in assembly, user, and service manuals, using SolidWorks Composer software. The writer creates and edits photos and drawings as needed for use in manuals, using Adobe software.
The writer communicates between engineering and manufacturing to document changes in materials, methods, assembly, and testing processes. The writer creates and maintains a library of solid models for physical objects used in engineering designs.
- Experience using Adobe FrameMaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with SolidWorks or other 3-dimensional mechanical design software
- Familiarity with SolidWorks Composer or other graphical content software
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Excel and Word
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Concise and accurate technical documentation
- Independent drive to identify accurate information
- Problem solving/analysis
- Personal initiative and integrity
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and excellent written/verbal communication
- Must be able to work effectively on teams and individuall
1. The culture/atmosphere of the Company; we are a small business 67 employees with a culture of collaboration and respect. You would be working with people who are friendly, hardworking, and self-motivation.
2. All employees are paid hourly. No one is salary. You get paid for when you work.
3. Employees accrual vacation AND sick time. The Company does NOT have a “use it or lose it policy”. Employees can accrual vacation leave up to 480 hours. At that point the person will be paid for hours above 480 at years end. Sick leave can be accruable up to 1040 hours (6 months).
4. The Company put 3% of employee’s wages into a 401k plan, upon eligibility.
5. The Company pays for 85% of Single Health Insurance premium and 50% of Dependent Health Insurance premium. The company offers reduced rates of Dental and Vision Insurance to employees.
6. They hire for careers. The average person has worked here for 15.6 years.
7. Flexibility; employees have specific time periods for work but there is flexibility. For example, if you have a dentist appointment or meeting at school for a child.
8. They have several other benefits like monthly lunches, activities for employees outside of work, paid holidays, and other great perks.
9. The Company has been in business for 34 years. Finically strong and known throughout the world as the makers of the “Best Ellipsometers”.
10. We are building a 50,000 square foot addition to our current building. It will be finished Summer of 2024. We are located in the South Haymarket district which has shops and restaurants within walking distance.
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.