The Reserves Network http://www.trnstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/trn.jpg http://www.trnstaffing.com http://www.trnstaffing.com true
Workers' Comp Collector
Houston, TX 77077 US
Posted: 05/18/2023 2023-05-18 2023-07-04 Industry: Clerical/Office Job Number: OG284118126
Workers’ Comp Collector
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77077 | Location: Westchase District
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $20 an hour
Are you an expert in medical billing? Are you eager to join a growing team? Our client is seeking a Workers Comp Collector to join their team immediately in the Westchase District! As the Workers’ Comp Collector, you will manage all insurance follow-up by reprocessing claims, drafting appeals, work denials, and resolving unpaid claims. If you have experience in medical billing and want to work with an acclaimed medical financial service provider, submit your resume today to see what opportunities are available!
Workers’ Comp Collector’s Responsibilities
- Follow all processes and procedures set by the Training Coordinator and department leadership.
- Understand the changes in guidelines, billing guidelines, and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Initiate collection follow-up on all unpaid or denied claims with the appropriate insurance carrier.
- Research, appeal, and resolve unpaid insurance claims
- Actively follow up and collect all insurance claims, including resolutions of billing errors assigned following established procedures
Workers’ Comp Collector’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with insurance follow-up and collections required
- Experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting EOBs is required
- Knowledge of both In Network and Out of Network Facility and Physician Claims is highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in EPower, Centricity, and Windows PC applications is highly desired
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Free covered parking
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- The building is in the Westchase District, surrounded by various restaurants and shopping outlets to enjoy during lunchtime.
- Once hired full-time, you can enroll in a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k), medical, vision, dental insurance, and more!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $20 an hour
If you seek a position that will take your career to the next level – Submit your resume today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.